Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Blog 14: Independent Component 1

  • Literal
    • (a) I, Brandon Rodriguez, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work. 

    • (b) Michelli, Joseph A. The Starbucks Experience: 5 Principles for Turning Ordinary into Extraordinary. New York: McGraw-Hill, 2007. Print.  I completed my 30 hours with my mentor Daniel Lerch. 
    • (c ) Log of my hours. 
    • (d)  Basically these thirty hours allowed me to begin my training on my development towards my transition into becoming a shift-lead for Starbucks. I experienced different levels of management throughout my hours of working at my store located at Archinbald and 60fwy. I obtained the opportunity to work while being supervised by our district manager learning new techniques on working with a successfully team environment. 
  • Interpretive 
  • These are usually given to partners that perform outstanding during their shift. I received two one for being welcoming and the other for involved. 

    One was for being welcoming to customers which is what I'm known for at my Starbucks store. Welcoming is a huge part that allows customers to experience the Starbucks Experience. 

    Each partner has there own card holder for there outstanding service for the store. Usually written by managers and store shift-leads. 
  • Applied
    • This component helped me better understand the foundation of my topic by allowing me to actually experience the hardships of being a manager and actually having the responsibility to operate a Starbucks store. With having to deal with customers on a daily basis you have to think about the employees and their request they have for you. I was able to experience on how to schedule correctly the team floor during the day using workers that would be able to communicate and work together effectively. 

No comments:

Post a Comment